Our team has scoured the industry to test and review products that are considered the leaders of property management software. Our goals were simple, to find an easy to use platform that was secure to protect our homeowners and tenant’s data; all while adding value for our clients. After countless hours, we settled on one, convenient, accessible, and easy to use platform. The platform chosen partners with tech industry leaders to ensure secure data and smooth transaction. While in house servers, databases, and networks sound great, we prefer to leave data protection and back up to the experts. Some of the functions are explained in greater detail below.
Back Up Solutions
- Our software provider runs on a combination of both public and private cloud infrastructure, consisting of both in house servers and Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud platform
- The state of the art data centers housing the servers provide redundant power and a system of heating, ventilating and air conditioning, as well as fire-threat detection and suppression.
- A system of redundant routers switches server clusters and back-up systems are used to help ensure high availability. While Amazon is widely recognized for operating state-of-the-art, highly available data centers.
- In addition to the multiple back up processes utilized, McGrath performs a weekly in house back up of all data in the system. This data is stored on our in house servers that are backed up to corporate cloud platforms.
- With respect to Internet security, sensitive data, such as passwords, Social Security and tax identification numbers, are all encrypted before being written to disk.
- All sensitive data is encrypted both in transit and at rest. While data is backed up using Amazon’s Simple Storage Service providing high durability
- In addition to the regular security measures in place, our software provider regularly undergoes third party penetration testing procedures to identify holes and correct them.
- McGrath is able to define user roles that can provide different levels of access to our employees. This ensures that only authorized employees or supervisors are privy to secure data. This is much more effective then shared desktop versions where any employee can access secure data.
- More effectively market your properties and fill vacancies sooner. Our Software allows us to quickly advertise vacancies online, posting to our website. and hundreds of other listing sites. Applicants can also apply right there from smart phones.
- Price rentals right for your market and reduce vacancies. Our Software’s built-in rental comparison tool provides actual rental rates for units similar to yours in the same geographic location. This insight allows us to maximize your revenue and fill vacancies faster.
- Screen for the best residents. Streamlined, built in resident screening includes standard background and credit checks along with past rent payment history. Screens can be completed in minutes – enabling us to place the highest quality residents quickly.
- You will be paid faster and more securely. New functionality provides our team the ability to deposit funds directly into your bank account No more waiting for a check in the mail.
- Collect rent faster with online payment options. Modem residents expect easy, online payment options. AppFolio gives residents three convenient ways to pay electronically (Cash. &check. or with a credit card).
- On-demand access to your statements. Owner statements are securely posted to an online Owners portal saving time and paper. These simple statements provide you with a quick snapshot of your property details for the past month. We can also include maintenance invoices and additional reports you request
- Handle property maintenance issues faster. We use AppFolio for electronic work-orders and communications with vendors so we can quickly resolve issues. At your request we can email you a copy of the work order and relevant information giving you real-time updates.
- Give owners instant online access to shared documents: property or unit inspection reports. 1099s. and historical financial statements.
- Send personalized owner packets containing invoices. work orders. or statements. Accept owner contributions via Owner & Vendor eCheck. Avoid annoying lost password calls (a common issue with owner portals) with a secure and easy pass recovery system.