Non-Paying Tenant

If a tenant is not paying rent, you can give them a written notice demanding that they pay the rent or leave the rental property. This is formally known as a Written Demand. A Written Demand must be given to the tenant in the same way as a Notice of Petition and Petition. You are not allowed to give the tenant a Written Demand yourself. If you make a Written Demand, you must give the the tenant three days to pay the rent. If the rent is not paid after the three days, you may begin the Nonpayment Summary Proceeding.